Sunday, October 4, 2009

GigaCast for October 3, 2009

You can get the episode on Chirbit if you'd like to stream it or you can download the Mp3 on Mediafire. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up hosting and a feed.

http://chirb.it/GGmg7D

http://www.mediafire.com/?ujhozyyjczw

In this episode I talk about my trip out to Seattle for Penny Arcade Expo 2009, as well as my trip to the Olympic Mountains and the Seattle Space Needle in Washington. Next week I will be recording a podcast with my cousin Matt and I will post it here when we get it edited. Should be a lot of fun. Please leave comments below or send me an email to gigastormz@gmail.com

Intro - Double Dragon remix: The Secrets of Sosetsuken by Sixto Sounds
Outro - Beast King GoLion ending theme - Gonin de Hitotsu (5 into 1) by Mizuki Ichirou

Check out some of my PAX photos on Flickr. I had no idea they had a monthly upload limit or I'd upload a whole ton more. Oh well.

TMNT: Smash Up on Nintendo Wii:



Fairytale Fights on Xbox 360/PS3:



Muramasa Demon Blade on Nintendo Wii:



Nostalgia on Nintendo DS:



Dark Void on Xbox 360/PS3/PC:



Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Nintendo Wii:



Military Madness: Nectaris on Xbox Live Arcade:



Gran Turismo on PSP:



White Knite Chronicles on PS3:



God of War III on PS3:



Aion on PC:



Dead Space Extraction on Nintendo Wii:



Dungeon Fighter Online on PC:



Split Second on Xbox 360/PS3:



Borderlands on Xbox 360/PS3:



Katamari Forever on PS3:



Bayonetta on Xbox 360/PS3:



Darksiders on Xbox 360/PS3:



Diablo III on PC:



Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360:



Star Trek Online on PC:



Brutal Legend on Xbox 360/PS3:



No More Heroes 2 on Nintendo Wii:

2 comments:

usagi704 said...

A few comments on the podcast:

- Double Dragon stage 1 music intro was awesome!

- I think you could just decide to do your podcast with or without others depending on availability of said persons at the time you decide you want to do another one.

- The biggest problem with Military Madness has been the fact that all they have really done with it is remake it over and over again. They need to make a proper sequel with today's gaming sensibilities in mind. There was a sequel called Neo Nectaris for the PC Engine CD add-on, but after that there has been nothing but remakes of the first game mainly.

- Last I checked White Knight Chonicles is a JRPG and not an MMO.

- I joined Gamespot in 2003 and really enjoyed the people who worked there up until 2007 too. I thought Giant Bomb was going to be my new home, but earlier this year the blogs from others and the comments I received just dropped off very sharply out of nowhere and it wasn't long after that that I stopped posting my blogs on Giant Bomb. Gamespot may not be the great site it used to be anymore, but the community that I have been involved with there is still mostly intact which is why I mainly hang there still. I like Giant Bomb for the guys and their content, but the community is lacking from my perspective and the site doesn't have very good features on the whole and a lot of time is wasted creating features that aren't interesting.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that Double Dragon remix is great. You should check out the whole thing. I can't take any credit for it, but I put the creator's info in a link in the show notes above.

I don't mind recording the podcast by myself, you guys will just have to let me know if it sounds alright.

I knew White Knight Chronicles was a JRPG but it felt like an MMO from the 2 minutes I spent playing it. I heard a lot of hype about the game when it was first announced, but I haven't heard anything since. Seems like everyone's excited for Demon's Souls.

I haven't been blogging because of the changes they've made to GiantBomb (and Gamespot) and I only receive comments from a few people, you being one of them. And as I mentioned in the podcast I can't blog at work anymore.

Thanks for listening!