Monday, November 5, 2007

Transformers movie game sucks

So I've been playing a shit-ton of Dynasty Warriors Gundam. I've put in about 30 hours now. I have all the achievements but 3. The game is a hell of a lot of fun, even though it has its share of problems. Mainly the AI and camera, but they are nothing compared to another game I got from Gamefly last week. I got Transformers on 360. Man, this is up there with the worst games I've ever played. I could only stand about 15 minutes of it and then I shut it off. I'm sending it back today. The controls are absolute fucking crap. Bumblebee's vehicle mode drives like a freakin boat. The camera is just god awful, there is no button that centers the camera on the character, so if you have to turn around you also have to turn the camera around manually as well, and this happens all the God damned time too. There is only one button for melee attacks. That's it, just one. Then there are two buttons for ranged laser blasts, a grab/throw button and a transform button. Man, as bad as that Japanese G1 TF game on PS2 is, this game is 10 times worse. When you compare this shitty TF movie game to Dynasty Warriors Gundam, for example, DW: Gundam is like game of the year material.

The first level has you fighting off a bunch of Decepticon drones. It wasn't too hard, just got boring real quick with one God damned melee button since shooting them doesn't do a damned thing. The second level has you rushing to destroy more Decepticon drones before they get to the used car lot and kill Sam. Sounds easy enough right? Well there is no map to look at to find out where the used car lot is. There is no arrow that tells you where to go, the game just assumes you can find it on your own, using the small mini-map in the corner that only covers a hundred yards or so around you. I found the car lot while I was chasing down some Decepticons, and it appears as a little green dot on the mini-map. It took me several restarts to figure out where this damned car lot was. What you have to do is shoot the drones while you are in vehicle mode, which forces them to transform and then you can also transform to destroy them. The mission is simple enough but the controls and the camera are so fucking shitty that it makes the game almost unplayable. I failed this mission several times and I just gave up. It's not that I couldn't find the Decepitcons in time, but that once I found them I was fucking around with the controls and the camera so damned much that they just drove past me and got to the car lot and killed Sam.

Avoid this game like the plague. Even if you're a die hard TF fan like me, the game isn't worth your time.

No comments: